At Mountnorris PS we take a keen interest in our environment. We encourage the children to look after the world which God has created. To this end, we were awarded our first Green Flag in 2014 and with hard work and dedication, we received our second green flag in 2017. We are currently in the process of working on receiving our 3rd Green flag!
To make our school more eco-friendly we:
- have recycling bins in every classroom;
- make our own compost from our fruit and veg scraps;
- are able to use the compost in our pupil -led and planned vegetable plot;
- regularly contribute to Cash for Clobber;
- have bat boxes, bird boxes, insect hotel and bird tables; all of which we hope will increase biodiversity in our school grounds;
- have raised beds in which we grow our own produce such as rhubarb, lettuce and carrots;
- use our produce effectively - when the rhubarb is ready we pick it and create rhubarb crumbles with the help of parents and sell these in school.
To protect our bubbles, in light of COVID-19, our P6/7 class has become our designated eco-team for the academic year.
ECO SCHOOL ACTION TEAM 2020-2021